I HAVE NOT RESIGNED-DR SYED HUSSEIN

MEDIA STATEMENTFOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Date: 11 January 2010

Following a news write-up in the Malaysian Insider today (January 11), I have received a number of calls from the media and friends to confirm if it is true I have resigned as Deputy President of Parti Keadilan Rakyat (KEADILAN).

I have no quarrel over the write-up but the speculative and rather sensational headline has led to different conclusions amongst various people.

I wish to affirm that I have not resigned nor sent any notice to resign.
It is indeed true that I have indicated that I wish to phase out slowly to make way for a younger person to take over. Leaders of the party are aware of this but they also know that I have not given any clear-cut time frame.

Apparently when my name was accepted to be Senator, and at the time I was in Mekah to perform the haj, there was an attempt to spin a story that the senatorship was the result of a deal struck so that I resign as Deputy President of KEADILAN to open the way for someone to succeed me. One or two newspapers reported this and even named that person.


I am now informed there is an element of libel in the report. Thus, I have asked my lawyers to look into the matter.

Dr Syed Husin Ali
Deputy PresidentParti Keadilan Rakyat

-- Sekian, terima kasih

"MENUJU MALAYSIA BARU"
Abdul Latif Bin Abdullah
Setiausaha KerjaParti KeADILan Rakyat
Pejabat:Perhubungan Negeri Pulau Pinang
15A Tingkat 1,Jalan Todak 4,
Bandar Sunway,13700
Seberang Jaya.
Email : sukpenang@gmail.comH/P: 019.560.5755Ofis: 04.397.0115Faks : 04.397.0116Web Rasmi PKR Pulau Pinang : http://keadilanpenang.com/

No comments: