INI RUPANYA MAHAZALIM.SOALAN YANG DITANYA TIDAK TAHU DAN YANG PALING MUDAH IALAH “SAYA LUPA” . SEDIKIT DEMI SEDIKIT TUHAN MEMBALASNYA. SAMA MACAM SUHARTO.LEPAS DISINGKIRKAN DARI KEDUDUKAN, SENTIASA HADIR KE MAHKAMAH.SAMA SAJA KEDUANYA……………………….







Wong: Before Tun Ahmad Fairuz was recommended to be the chief judge of Malaya, Tun Dzaiddin recommended (in a letter) Malek Ahmad. Do you recall that?

Mahathir: I cannot remember precisely, but there was a lot of talk. I listen to a lot of people.

Wong: You cannot remember that Dzaiddin had recommended Malek Ahmad to be chief judge of Malaya before Tun Ahmad Fairuz?

Mahathir: I did hear talk of the possibility that Malek had been recommended.

Wong: Do you remember that Dzaiddin had recommended Malek?

Mahathir: I cannot remember him recommending him (Malek) to me... I don’t remember whether I agreed or not. I have read the letter from Dzaiddin, but I don’t remember whether I agreed or didn’t agree on the appointment of Malek.

Lingam had
said the following in the second part of the 14-minute video.

So Dzaiddin really wants to go… Don’t worry. Dzaiddin recommended Malek Ahmad to be Chief Judge of Malaya. But we went and “cut” “cut” cut” cut” - I and Tengku Adnan and Vincent told PM. I stop him for now, because he is anti-PM. We put Fairuz in. And we put… I told you three months ago he became CJM [Chief Justice Malaya]. He said “Don’t believe.” Then he got it. He rang up to thank me.

'I don't have to explain why'

Taking up the same line of defence when questioned by Bar Council observer Christopher Leong, Mahathir however adopted a more aggressive stance.

Not only could he not remember the precise arguments for or against overriding the recommendations of Dzaiddin as the then chief justice, Mahathir backtracked on his earlier declaration to 'answer all' and said he did not have to explain to anyone regarding his decisions on judicial appointments.

I have my own reasons. After hearing what people say, I form my own conclusions. The prerogative is with me. I don’t have to explain why,” said Mahathir.

“Usually, I ask officers... what they say about these things, I take into consideration and rely on their proposals... I cannot remember precisely what was being talked about. I take these things into consideration, (including) the views of the then chief justice, and I make my decisions,” he added.

When asked for more details about the sources of his information that formed the

basis for his decisions, Mahathir said they ranged from ACA, the Attorney-General’s Chambers, civil servants and police personnel.

“I have to make sure the candidate that I decide on is the right candidate in my opinion,” he said.

The clincher came when commission panel member Mahadev Shankar asked Mahathir if he had discussed the appointments with Mohamed Dzaiddin before finalising them.

Mahadev: Were your reasons for rejecting Malek discussed with Dzaiddin?

Mahathir: I normally don’t explain the reasons why I make (the) decisions. I listen to a lot of people (but) I make my (own) assessments and decisions. I don’t explain to anybody.

Mahadev: Not even to the chief justice who made the recommendations to you?

Mahathir: No.

In all Mahathir spend one and a half hours this morning in the courtroom.

He also brought a panel of three lawyers to assist him during his testimony - apart from Tunku Sofea, they are Yaacob Hussain Merican and N Chandran.


INI DIPETIK DARI AGENDADAILY.





Kepada soalan wakil Badan Peguam, Christopher Leong, yang merujuk kepada perbualan dalam klip video itu yang memberi andaian Lingam telah beberapa kali pergi ke rumah beliau,bekas Perdana Menteri itu menafikan kononnya Vincent Tan telah beberapa kali membawa Lingam ke rumahnya ketika beliau menjadi Perdana Menteri.

"Itu tak betul," katanya.

Leong: Adakah Tun kenal V.K.Lingam?

Dr Mahathir: Saya tahu mengenai beliau daripada akhbar berhubung beberapa kes. Saya hanya mengenali beliau selepas saya melantiknya mewakili saya dalam kes saman terhadap saya oleh Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim.

Bagaimanapun, katanya, Lingam pernah datang ke rumahnya selepas beliau tidak lagi menjadi Perdana Menteri dan selepas rakaman klip video itu dibuat.

"Selepas saya lantik Lingam bagi mewakili saya dalam saman itu, barulah dia datang ke rumah saya," katanya.

Kepada soalan Leong sama ada Vincent Tan memperkenalkan Lingam kepadanya, Dr Mahathir berkata beliau tidak dapat hendak pastikannya tetapi beliau mungkin telah bercakap dengan tokoh perniagaan itu untuk menghubungi Lingam.

Ditanya kenapa beliau memilih Lingam mewakilinya dalam kes saman itu, Dr Mahathir berkata beliau berpendapat Lingam adalah calon terbaik.

Katanya Lingam masih menjadi peguamnya.

Ketika ditanya sama beliau telah melihat klip video itu, Dr Mahathir berkata beliau melihatnya menerusi televisyen.

Kepada soalan mengenai hubungannya dengan Vincent Tan, beliau berkata mereka telah berkenalan sejak sekian lama.

No comments: