DR RAFFICK BLOG

Anwar sodomising again?…
June 29, 2008 by drrafick

Dear Fellow Malaysians

I am sadden by the news that Anwar aide’s, En Saiful Bahari has lodge a police report claiming that he was sodomized by Anwar. There was no details mention in the news about the alleged sodomy police report. It is indeed sad, if this allegation is found to be true. It is more sad if it is found to be untrue and is politically motivated



Why now !

While SMS is being spread and Anwar supporters has now begins to gather around him, it raises some questions on the issue of the latest police report. As if we are still not over the reeling of shock surrounding RPK SD over Najib’s wife involvement in the Althantuya case, the nation is now being fed with another story.


On the surface, it appears that, the allegation was made while Rosmah (Najib) issue is being talked about. With this new story, I believe the alleged Rosmah involvement in the Althantuya murder will be drown in the heaps of media “explosion” over the Anwar case.


I worries for the Nation..

While I am not surprised by the latest police report, I am worried about the impact of this latest police report. Allow me to explain why.


Pak Lah is not Mahathir..

While Mahathir is respected as being one of the intelligent leaders the world ever produces, he is a political maverick. He was able to handle Anwar case calmly and was able to bring the nation back on its track despite the financial crisis.


The same cannot be said about Pak Lah. Our present PM is indeed a nice man but being a nice man is not enough to lead a nation. I am worried that Anwar supporters will start a riot. Compared to before, today five states government are behind Anwar and this can only creates more problems. I am worried that the Government of the day may not be able to handle a nationwide riot. I am one very worried man. I am worried about the country, my family and my neighbors.



If in the Mahathir- Anwar crisis, the people was angry but they were not actually burden but today the people is angry. They are burden by the high cost of living. I believe many people out there believe Anwar story that he could actually brings down the cost of fuel and i.e. the cost of living. I am afraid that the people that is worst affected by the fuel price hike may just use this latest situation to release their steam. Today, the ball game is different. The playing field is not the same in 1998. Today people are upset and I think it is unwise for anyone to pour petrol on something that is hot.

Anwar and its people backlash…


Anwar and his people are not about to sit down and do nothing with this new allegation. Based on what was reported in M/Kini and M/Today, there are already people gathering in Shah Alam. I urged all people to remain calm. I urge all state government to remain neutral. The new allegation is a personal matter between two individuals.


Whom am I referring to? While some would postulate that is a matter between Saiful and Anwar but if you stretch your imagination a little bit more then you will realized that it is probably a political game between the nation power brokers.This is not a simple issue of sodomy.


Power brokers fighting?

There is a malay proverb that says “ Bila Gajah bergaduh, Pelanduk mati ditengah tengah”. Use your imagination and guess what I mean. Guess who is the “Gajah” . Guess who is the “pelanduk”. In my assessment, Pak Lah is not the “Gajah” (he is more like a tapir!) and the people is the “Pelanduk”. We need to ask who would benefit from the latest round of police report. By the way, isn’t Gajah is the official mascot of one state in Malaysia.



I urge all Malaysian to remain calm. I want to give the same advice that I gave to my troops while I was serving the Army during the height of Anwar – Mahathir crisis. My men listen to me that time and I hope all readers would spare some thoughts on what I am about to say.


“The Sermon”

Politics is never about the people in the streets. Politics is about power and position. No matters whoever goes up, the “real” interest is not the people but it is about power and position. No matter who wins in this power struggle, the people will not gain anything. Rioting will not bring any good to the people. It will make things worst.


My advice to everyone is to stay at home and watch a movie or spend time with their family. That is better. Even is Anwar goes up, he cannot do any miracle of the nation coffer is empty. He can only deliver his promises if he can find ways to increase the nation’s income. I believe any riots will reduce the nation income further. At the current moment, I have my doubt that Anwar can actually raise the nation income and deliver his promises to reduce the people cost of living.


Making promises is one thing and delivering what is being promised is another matter. Do not expect miracles at the time when the whole world is feeling the pinch of fuel speculators. I say it again, stay out of this fight between all power brokers. Do not give an excuse for the Federal Government to impose martial law and take over the governance of the five states. Think again, think hard and think rationally.





--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: