Thursday, April 30, 2009

Fairus pledges to strike back at detractors





SEBERANG PERAI (April 29, 2009) : Embattled former Penang Deputy Chief Minister (I) Mohammad Fairus Khairuddin has pledged to strike back against certain quarters that hurled graft allegations against him, causing him to be investigated by the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC).




Former deputy chief minister (I) and former Penanti assemblymanMohammad Fairus Khairuddin congratulates Mansor Othman on hisselection by PKR as the party's candidate for the Penanti by-election.In his first public appearance since his resignation from the state government, the 33-year-old who was cleared of all charges by the MACC last week, said those who made the allegations must "face the music".




"I have gone through hell and I have come back now," he said in a PKR ceramah in Yayasan Aman in Penanti here on last night.



"I have found out who are my real friends and those who are not, during this very difficult period," he added, stressing that he was not planning a witch-hunt.



Fairus had earlier caused a mild stir when he showed up with PKR de facto leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim in the ceramah to announce PKR's candidate for the Penanti by-election on May 31.



The by-election has been forced by Fairus' resignation as the constituency's assemblyman on April 16. He had earlier quit as the deputy chief minister effective April 8.
Fairus thanked Penanti residents who had supported him during the difficult period and pledged his backing for PKR and Mansor.




"I will make a political comeback soon enough," he said, noting that although he could now not run as assemblyman for the next five years, he could still contest as MP.
Fairus said he would focus on pursuing his further studies in Australia over the next two years.





No comments:

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Followers